Go figure

e
 Probably deaf
 A small chance of being deaf
 A big chance of being deaf 

When I was little I dreamt of getting a white cat. I thougt they were so beautiful. Little did I know then, but there's a very curious fact about white cats:
A large percentage (65 to 85%) of all-white cats with two blue eyes are deaf. 17 to 22% of white cats with non-blue eyes are born deaf, and the percentage rises to 40% if the cat has one blue eye.  If a white cat with only one blue eye is deaf in one ear, it’s very likely to be deaf in the ear on the same side as the blue eye!!

If your cat is deaf in only one ear, you may never notice a difference.

Apparently  many cats adapt to deafness well, but naturally needs to be protected from outdoor dangers such as cars and other animals.

Facts from blisstree.com

P.S. No, I never got a white cat, but my mum once came home with a black and white kitten when I was 10 years old, and I loved that cat to bits. Today they could be any color... I've been smitten ever since that childhood moment!

Comments

Anna E said…
Very strange, and wonder why nature would create a deaf cat..? Magical to look into those eyes, almost like looking at different gemstones, very beautifull indeed :-)

Popular Posts